HOW TO START A MAD DADS CHAPTER IN YOUR COMMUNITY
MAD DADS must first be formally invited to come to your community through a letter that represents a cross section of community members interested in starting a Chapter. This group, an Ad Hoc committee, should be comprised of a minumum the following sectors of the community: Church, nonprofit, government, business, women and youth. Once formed, this group often is the genesis of a local Board of Directors that the Chapter needs to have in order to be certified.
The MAD DADS management team must visit your city or community to conduct a series of trainings and meetings, explaining the MAD DADS concept, mission and activities. To schedule a visit please contact the MAD DADS National Office. The meetings will focus on separate segments of the community and should include:
- Interested elected local officials,
including law enforcement
- Business, Church, civic and community-based leaders including currently active groups
- Youth preferably at a local Middle and/or High School, and concerned parents and adults.
- The General Public in a town-hall or community setting, ready for training and membership.
At all of the above meetings, we encourage media participation. This will ensure that the message regarding MAD DADS gets out to those who could not attend the meetings. Finally, at present, MAD DADS do not charge a fee to begin a Chapter however, the host must assume responsibility for the travel and lodging expenses of the Management Team.
MAD DADS CHAPTER REQUIREMENTS
- Adhere to the National Mission Statement, Goals and Objectives.
- Strict compliance with the Code of Conduct.
- Compliance with the terms and conditions of the signed Chapter Agreement.
- Participate in the National Identity Program.
- Follow National Protocol Guidelines. (Will be provided)
- Monitor and Provide technical assistance to local divisions.
- Develop and implement Signature Programs e.g., Street Patrol.
- Insure representation at National Convention/Meetings.
- Develop, Implement, and evaluate local programs.
- Develop a Management Information System (MIS) with on-line capabilities.
- Submit annual program report by January 31st of each year.
- Pay annual chapter and division fees as due.
- Secure and maintain a General Liability Insurance Policy.
- Secure State Incorporation and 501(c)(3) non-profit status.
A MAD DADS DIVISION: It is the policy of MAD DADS to establish one chapter per city or county. However, in large urban areas, MAD DADS Divisions may be established as part of the original chapter and are governed by the chapter and the Division Agreements.
A MAD DADS SATELLITE: In areas where there is interest in MAD DADS but not enough resources for a chapter or a division, satellites may be established. Satellites are outreach efforts connected to, and operating under the authority of the nearest chapter. Satellites, like divisions and chapters, are governed by the Satellite agreements.
For additional information please contact:
THE MISSION OF MAD DADS IS TO BRING ABOUT POSITIVE CHANGE. TO SEEK OUT, ENCOURAGE, MOTIVATE AND GUIDE COMMITTED MEN IN THE STRUGGLE TO SAVE CHILDREN, COMMUNITIES AND OURSELVES FROM THE SOCIAL ILLS THAT PRESENTLY PLAGUE NEIGHBORHOODS.